This Page

has been moved to new address

Office/Mudroom/Craftroom Rearranging

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
made in earlysville: Office/Mudroom/Craftroom Rearranging

made in earlysville

our family, our home, our food, our life.. all made in earlysville

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Office/Mudroom/Craftroom Rearranging

Yesterday was super productive day in our house and I'm just now getting around to blogging about it. I rearranged my office (again) and made Andy put up a few random pieces of artwork around the house (that may or may not have been sitting around for years...). I pillaged my in-laws house for old pictures and furniture and decorating ideas (thanks!!). I went to the fabric store and will be blaming Mrs. 5C for my new expensive addiction. 

I also made this last night: 



My inspiration came from this tutorial over at House of Hepworths. You should totally check it out! I used a cheapo bulletin board, almost identical to hers and just covered it with (I believe) jute since our store was out of burlap. I love how rustic is feels and smells. It was super cheap and I love how it fits into our space. I had plans to hang it on the wall above this table but I set it up there last night when I was done and I actually really like it leaned up against the wall. I think (know) I need to replace the basket but I was just throwing things up there to try out during my reorganizing. I'm going to look for a metal basket or maybe a small tray to hold our mail/whatever other crap we bring home. 

Here's how the entire table looks. I was thinking about getting some kind of mudroom-ish furniture to hide our shoes and have somewhere to throw my diaper bag but I think this will work nicely for now. And the best part is that all of the shoes are in those baskets and you would never know it. Or maybe the best part was that I already had this piece of furniture and didn't have to pay for a new one? You know I love free!



I think I'll get some of those little chalk board signs to put our names or just first initials on each basket. And I may even spray paint the baskets a darker color b/c they are a teeny bit too red for me. Has anyone had luck doing that? I'm worried the paint will just crackle off? 

I'm also going to get coat racks to put up so we can use the existing one at the bottom of the stairs for guests since we're lacking a proper coat closet. This is where I'm a little stuck. I was thinking I could put a mirror above in the middle and then maybe a coat rack on the wall on either side? Or I could do a coat tree on one side? I don't want to over clutter the wall but I also want it to look pretty and balanced. Any suggestions? I would love some help on this one!


Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At March 21, 2012 at 3:11 PM , Blogger Mrs. 5C said...

Looks good! :)
I think if you use spray primer on the baskets first, you'd be fine to spraypaint them.
I vote coat rack over coat tree. Our coat tree always looks messy to me.
I can't wait to see all your new fabric choices! Yay UFab!! :)

 
At March 21, 2012 at 4:06 PM , Blogger Karla said...

Thanks for the tip on primer! I will try that! Would you do 2 coat racks, one on either side? Do you think it would be too much? I'm going to put mittens/hats/scarves in the drawers so hopefully the only thing on the racks will be coats and Maddie's back pack. I guess I can always just put it up and see what I think?

 
At March 22, 2012 at 9:58 AM , Blogger Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Very cute! And a handy piece to have around.

I've never sprayed baskets, but I'm thinking about trying it for the nursery. The baskets aren't exactly the right color. I'm a little nervous that it'll mess them up, though.

 
At March 22, 2012 at 7:44 PM , Blogger Karla said...

Thanks! I'm worried about messing them up too. I may try Sarah's idea with the primer and see how it goes. I'll let you know if it works out :-) Cross your fingers!

 
At March 22, 2012 at 10:18 PM , Blogger Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

Your bulletin board turned out so cute!!! I'm glad you made one!

 
At March 22, 2012 at 10:25 PM , Blogger Karla said...

Thanks!!

 

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home