This Page

has been moved to new address

Super Bowl Menu

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
made in earlysville: Super Bowl Menu

made in earlysville

our family, our home, our food, our life.. all made in earlysville

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl Menu

I'm one of those people who likes the Super Bowl for the food and the commercials, not so much for the football. Since there is way more football on during the Super Bowl than commercials I thought I would take a few minutes (while my husband is talking to/yelling at the TV) to share our menu. Our plans to get together with family were squashed due to never-ending sickness so we were on our own tonight. Since it was just us I didn't really plan much and found myself digging through the pantry and the fridge this afternoon trying to come up with something.

Here's what I came up with:

Sweet Chicken Bacon Wraps
Paula Deen

2 chicken breasts cut into 1" cubes
4-5 slices bacon (use a good kind that you really like)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp chili powder

Spray broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray. Mix brown sugar and chili powder in a shallow bowl with a fork. Wrap each cube of chicken with small piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Dredge in the brown sugar/chili powder mixture (I used the fork to pat it on). Place on broiler pan. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and bacon is crispy.

This was the hands down favorite. Andy and I loved it and both girls gobbled it up. Paula does not disappoint! I didn't even use half of the brown sugar/chili powder mixture so this was really not too high in calories. And can you believe no butter?


Franks Sweet Chili Cream Cheese Dip

Bottle of Franks Sweet Chili Sauce
8oz block of cream cheese (or whatever you have in the fridge)

Pour chili sauce over the cream cheese, voila! Serve with crackers.

This was beyond easy and I was pretty impressed. I got 2 bottles for free at Harris Teeter this week (on sale for 1.47 eVic and had a .75/1 coupon). I wasn't really sure it was going to be that good, but we really liked it!



Cucumber Sandwiches

Tub of chive and onion cream cheese
Sour dough bread (we used honey wheat since it was what we had)
Cucumbers, thinly sliced

You can be fancy and cut circles in the bread or be lazy (like I was tonight) and just cut it into squares. Spread the cream cheese on and top with a cucumber slice. This is always a family favorite, especially with the kids!


I also had a frozen Paula Deen Shore Is Good Seafood Dip and an Allouette Low Fat Garlic & Herb Dip as well. We served those with crackers and carrots. The seafood dip was good but I know it was crazy high in calories and not to mention salt. I'm sure you could make something better and more healthy. The garlic & herb dip was great and would be a good buy in the future if you didn't feel like making something.

What did you have?


Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At February 5, 2012 at 9:19 PM , Blogger Mrs. 5C said...

mmmmm... cucumber sandwiches. Those sound fabulous.
We had... leftovers... and we took the Christmas tree down. ;) Rob's kind of watching the Super Bowl and I'm sewing stuff for the nursery. What a fun lazy Sunday!

 
At February 5, 2012 at 9:20 PM , Blogger Mrs. 5C said...

Also... totally love "Made in Earlysville". I love it more and more every day! And the new header is fab!! :)

 
At February 5, 2012 at 9:25 PM , Blogger Karla said...

Thanks! I need to make a new collage for my header and try it out for a while, we'll see how it goes. I think it just might stick though! I can't wait to see what you're sewing :-)

 

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home