This Page

has been moved to new address

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
made in earlysville: Happy St. Patty's Day!

made in earlysville

our family, our home, our food, our life.. all made in earlysville

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Did you wear your green today? You know we did (OK, to be honest, I think this is actually the first year I've remembered this holiday but whatever)! 


Maddie looked like this for school on Friday (attitude and all!). They had a St. Patrick's Day baking party. She says they baked a cake, fun!


Got her to smile a little for this one once she stopped posing like the super model she thinks she is.



We ate GREEN pancakes (with Aunt Sarah, yay!) for breakfast.



They were enjoyed by all (even if they were on turkey plates...).

Keeping one eye on Daddy as he makes more.


Even baby Katherine had some (she thought they were delicious, she did the delicious dance!) 

 And we had a nose picker, gross (could you at least wait until after you're done eating???), ha!

After lunch we had a scantily-clad toddler roaming the house performing many costume changes for her adoring audience. This was probably the worst of the bunch but Aunt Sarah insisted we send this to Rob. She actually insisted on a different version (b/c it was hilarious) but I opted for the PG version ;)

I had planned to make green chicken nuggets and edamame for lunch in keeping with our theme for the day. This plan was halted after some awesome 3 year old funness (and when I say I fun I mean awful ridiculous tantruming to the point where Mommy forgot all about making the awesome green lunch...). That NEVER happens at our house, we're always so well behaved ;)

 We had (not green) ham and cheese and Ellorie insisted on eating her entire lunch while holding her foot. 

Well, hello foot....

I forgot to take pictures of our awesome green dinner but I will post the recipes and you'll just have to suffer photoless. 


Green Chicken Nuggets

3 small chicken breasts, cooked (think I used 5 oz?)
1/2 box of frozen spinach, thawed
2 eggs
couple handfuls of mozzarella
3/4 - 1 cup bread crumbs, plus more for rolling

Throw all of this in your food processor and mix. The mixture should roll into balls easily, you may need to add more bread crumbs to achieve this consistency. Put some bread crumbs in a bowl for rolling, set aside. I used my small Pampered Chef scoop and dropped each ball in my bowl on top of the bread crumbs. Roll them in the bread crumbs until covered. Place on a baking pan, OK to be close as they won't spread like cookies do. Flatten out with your fingers. Bake at 375 for 5 minutes on each side. Let them cool a bit and serve! We had them with ketchup (because we have to have every meat with ketchup but I think they would be good with pasta sauce, too).

You can also flash freeze these by placing them on a baking sheet and in the freezer for 2 hours. Then throw them in a freezer bag and they're ready to pop in the microwave for next time.


Green and Gold Corn Casserole
adapted from Paula Deen

8oz reduced fat sour cream
1 stick of butter 
(bet you're thinking why even both with the reduced fat sour cream, ha!)
1 can cream style corn
1 can sweet corn, drained
1 box corn muffin mix (I used Jiffy)
some of the frozen spinach leftover from your Green  Chicken Nuggets
green food coloring, a few drops

Mix all of the above in a bowl. Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray and spoon casserole into your dish. Smooth out the top and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until it is set in the middle. I usually jiggle the pan to test for this. 


The grown ups in our house had spinach and red pepper stuffed chicken breast, mmmmm. I just used some of the spinach leftover from both recipes and mixed it with a little cream cheese and a bit of red peppers. It was yummy!

Are you drinking green beer tonight? Drink one for me!



Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At March 19, 2012 at 10:40 AM , Blogger Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

What fun! I didn't even have a green shirt to wear, isn't that crazy? So, I just wore grey. Luckily, no one seemed to notice. I think I need a shamrock headband for next year.=)

 

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home