This Page

has been moved to new address

Green Front Door & Landscape "Plan"

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
made in earlysville: Green Front Door & Landscape "Plan"

made in earlysville

our family, our home, our food, our life.. all made in earlysville

Monday, April 2, 2012

Green Front Door & Landscape "Plan"

My inspiration for our (going to be, hopefully today!) new green front door. I snapped this picture last summer while out shopping yard sales with my girls. They colors on their home are almost identical to ours (except for their beautiful brick walk way and porch, I am SO jealous) so I knew this would work for us. And did I mention I LOVE green? I love green. A lot. I mean really, who doesn't love green? Green is awesome.



This is my landscape "plan" or actually just a sad little drawing of most of the things I'd eventually like to accomplish with our front yard and driveway. Right now we pretty much have a gravel parking lot for a front yard, not so pretty. If you're wondering where our house is, it's at the bottom. This is a view from the front porch looking out.



And here is a view of the front of the house from the driveway. I am clearly NOT an artist so ignore my mad drawing skills and focus on the plan. Notice I don't even have any bushes or plantings along the front of the house? That would be because I have NO idea what to pick. I know what I want high and low plantings with room for some annuals but not requiring them in case they aren't in our budget for each season. 



You should know that I am not expecting to get all of this done this year. The work on the driveway requires equipment and money that we don't have right now. So we're going to start with the things that cost less but will make a big improvement and that we have or have access to the tools required to complete the job. First on the list will be painting the front door, filling the baskets on the front porch railings and replacing and painting the bannisters going up the stairs. They have rotted and they look terrible. I'm also going to look for a new knob handle set for the front door. I'm thinking aged bronze to go with the window hardware I'll be installing later this week.

Today I'm going to the paint store and the big blue home improvement store and we'll see what I come up with. That front door will hopefully be getting a coat of green during nap! And hopefully it will be dry by the time all of the 3 year olds come over for play group. 

Happy Monday!




Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At April 2, 2012 at 9:43 AM , Blogger mnorman said...

Looks like a good plan, Karla!

 

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home