This Page

has been moved to new address

Spring Rag Wreath "Tutorial"

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
made in earlysville: Spring Rag Wreath "Tutorial"

made in earlysville

our family, our home, our food, our life.. all made in earlysville

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Spring Rag Wreath "Tutorial"

So I bought all of the supplies to make this rag wreath last year but really I think was a crazy person. Our house was still very much under construction and I had a 3 month old baby on top of my already demanding (then) 2 year old. Crazy person I tell you!

I think I saw my initial inspiration in a magazine and ended up googling directions somewhere. I don't exactly remember where those directions are and I suck at actually following directions so I didn't bother to look any up this time. How hard could it be to tie fabric onto a Styrofoam wreath? Really not that hard. I promise you, anyone can do this.

Here's how it turned out:

Pardon me holding Ellorie and taking this picture in the reflection...


And for your "tutorial" (you really don't need one, this is SO easy): I cut 12" strips of lots of springy fabrics that I bought from JoAnn's last year. I tied them on wrong side out and double knotted them on the front of the wreath. I scrunched them together and in many places my knots had to be one up, one down so you wouldn't see any of the green foam underneath. Super easy and super cute. I'm planning on making a red-white-blue version for this summer. 

I cut WAY too much fabric so here is what I did with the rest. I think it's cuter than Easter grass but I'm not sure I would go out of my way to create this look had I not had all of it left over. But if you're into the labor intensive Easter basket look I say go for it. Or better yet, make yourself a rag wreath and use the leftovers like I did!



Our JoAnn's is moving locations so the entire store is on a crazy discount right now. I bought a bunch of sparkly red felt for like 75% off (yay!!) in hopes of making this wreath for Christmas. SO CUTE!

My glass of wine is calling me...

I hooked up with House of Hepworths for this post! Check out the fun link party here.

HookingupwithHoH

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At March 28, 2012 at 9:34 AM , Blogger Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

You have inspired me to use all the scraps I've been saving for a wreath. How smart is that?

And I love the filler in the basket? Seriously, so cute!

 
At March 28, 2012 at 10:07 AM , Blogger Karla said...

Thanks!! I'm pretty sure the original thing I read was from someone who had lots of scraps leftover. It will be way easier and cheaper that way :-) Can't wait to see it!!

 
At March 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM , Blogger Mrs. 5C said...

LOVE this. Also love the wallpaper on your blog! :)

 
At March 28, 2012 at 9:49 PM , Blogger Karla said...

Thanks! I'm trying to make some updates to the blog but I only get so far before my head starts to spin ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home