This Page

has been moved to new address

Breakfast Casserole

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
made in earlysville: Breakfast Casserole

made in earlysville

our family, our home, our food, our life.. all made in earlysville

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Breakfast Casserole


This is one of our family's staple breakfast recipes for gatherings (formerly known as Sausage Squares) and it's really been known for the sausage, hence the name. Until yesterday. I'm renaming it and revamping it! I hosted playgroup yesterday so I thought I'd try a more healthy take on this recipe and let me tell you, it was a hit! The old recipe just called for sausage, eggs, cheese, and crescent rolls so I decided to add some of my favorite veggies (you can really add any you like) and use some lower fat cheeses.

Breakfast Casserole
Makes about 16-20 squares depending on who's doing the cutting :-)

8 eggs, beaten
1 lb reduced fat sausage, cooked & drained
2 pkg crescent rolls (leave in fridge until you put them on or they are a pain to work with)
1 cup shredded low fat cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded low fat mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (I didn't have low fat but I'm going to look for it next time I go to the store)
1 zucchini shredded
3/4 lb asparagus chopped into about 1/2 inch pieces
1/2 onion
1/2 red pepper
1/2 yellow pepper

Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease 9x13 casserole dish (I used fat free Pam). Saute onion and peppers in a pan on medium heat until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Put all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir to combine. Put mixture in pan and spread out evenly. Top with crescent rolls (this works best if you break the roll in half and then use the rectangle shapes instead of tearing them into triangles). Bake for 30 minutes covered and about 5-10 uncovered or until full browned and cooked through. Cut into squares and serve.

I hope your family enjoys this as much as mine has!


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home