This Page

has been moved to new address

I'm sure my baby is eating my brain...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
made in earlysville: I'm sure my baby is eating my brain...

made in earlysville

our family, our home, our food, our life.. all made in earlysville

Sunday, August 31, 2008

I'm sure my baby is eating my brain...

So I'm currently 5 months pregnant and getting dumber by the minute. It's not like I was dumb to begin with though. I have a Bachelors Degree from VT (Go Hokies!!) and a pretty high IQ, if only I could remember what it was...I like to think of myself as a pretty intelligent person, at least when I don't have a little parasite feeding off of my brain cells. I read somewhere that it is a proven fact that your brain cells diminish faster when you're preggers and I am a firm believer. I don't really think the baby is eating my actual brain but that's what I've been using as my excuse. I mean seriously, I've never forgotten so many things in my life! 
Like this weekend for example. My husbands birthday is on Monday (Labor Day) and I was supposed to order a cake from a local bakery that he loves (yes, I can cook, their cake is just so good and doesn't food always taste way better when you didn't slave for hours to cook it yourself???). Anyways, so Friday night comes around and we go to get ice cream (the baby needs loads of calcium right?). He mentions that he'd like some of the ice cream cupcakes in addition to his cake from the bakery and this OMG light goes off in my head....I didn't order the cake. It's almost 9pm on Friday night and I didn't order the cake! You are supposed to order 1 day in advance, and this is especially important on a holiday weekend when they're closed on Sunday & Monday. I'm an idiot! Luckily, I remembered to call the next morning and the lady took pity on me and said if I came by later in the day they could have it ready for me. Crisis averted, but no thanks to my pregnant brain. 
It's just amazing the things I'm capable of doing (or not doing) when I'm pregnant. I never thought I'd be one of those women who just became stupid but here I am, pregnant and losing massive amounts of brain cells by the day. I'm doing my best not to complain too much because we did try for 9 months to get here and I am truly blessed to be carrying a child that, so far is super healthy and growing according to schedule. So I guess it's ok as long as the baby is healthy and all is good. Let's just hope I don't forget something really important next time!

21 weeks pregnant

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At September 1, 2008 at 1:31 PM , Blogger Mrs. 5C said...

haha... I do stuff like that and I'm not even pregnant! ;)

 

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home